White Castle® Stuffing
Some of my family members consider themselves “foodies”—self-proclaimed, of course. So, to mess with them as most brothers do, this was brought to the family gathering as a new flavorful dressing that goes wonderfully with a deep red wine exploding the palate with wonderful fall flavors.
After many compliments and “We must have more AND THE RECIPE!” it was revealed that it was White Castle stuffing…
It has been a staple in our family ever since. ‘Tis the season.
White Castle® is a registered trademark of White Castle.
- Preparation Time: 00:15
- Cook Time: 00:35
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 10
- 10-12 White Castle Sliders, no pickles
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup and 3/4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1In a large mixing bowl, tear the sliders into pieces and add diced celery and seasonings.
- 2Toss, then add 1/4 cup chicken broth and toss well.
- 3Add ingredients to casserole dish.
- 4Add an additional 3/4 cup of chicken broth and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Or stuff the ingredients into the cavity of the turkey before roasting and cook as you normally would.
- 5NOTE: Allow 1 Slider for each pound of turkey, which will be equal to 3/4 cup of stuffing per pound.