- Author: Sybil Schooler
Mexican Street Corn
I recently experienced this Mexican street corn at a friend’s house and I just had to have the recipe. It looks great, it’s easy to make and, most importantly, it’s out-of-this-world delicious. The crema, lime, cotija cheese and everything else work so well together to deliver a vibrant, irresistible flavor that screams summertime. In fact, you may want to add a few extra ears because this wow-worthy recipe never disappoints.
- 6 to 8 ears of sweet corn, with husks
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat a gas or charcoal grill to 400°F.
- 2In a bowl, combine the crema, mayonnaise, garlic, cilantro, chipotle pepper, lime zest, lime and salt. Add the chopped jalapeño if you want a little heat!
- 3Place the clean corn with husk pulled back (but still attached) on the grill. Grill the corn for about 3-4 minutes, turning on each side. When all the sides are browned, remove from the grill and place on a platter.
- 4Use a brush or spoon to coat each ear of corn with the crema mixture. Sprinkle with crumbled cotija cheese, fresh cilantro, and salt and pepper. If you want more heat, add jalapeño and more chipotle pepper.
- 5Serve immediately with the lime wedges and a side of the crema mixture.