Corn Pudding—Spoon Bread
This delicious recipe always had me coming back for more year after year. It seems to be the perfect complement to a holiday meal. My aunt, who has hosted a holiday dinner every single year for the last 49 years, had this as a side item in each and every one of those meals. The recipe was given to my mother and now we all share this wonderful dish throughout the holidays as well as at my aunt’s home. Before my mom had this recipe, I remember calling my aunt out of the complete blue to ask her a very important question: “Hey, Aunt Barb, do you mind making that corn pudding stuff for me sometime? I would love to have some.” Sure enough, she made it for me and I picked it up from her home later that week and ate the entire thing that day. It’s simply amazing. Enjoy, and save some leftovers for me please.
- Preparation Time: 00:20
- Cook Time: 00:30
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 8
- 1 can creamed corn (do NOT drain)
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt & pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- 3Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- 4Bake for ½ hour or until firm and golden brown. Serve and enjoy.