Best Dinner Rolls
One of my favorite things to do with my wife and kids is make part of a meal from scratch. It is so much fun to experiment in the kitchen together. Based on a friend’s recommendation, we tried these dinner rolls. They’re super simple to make, highly customizable and perfect for the holidays! If you load up the toppings they’re like the perfect combination of a breadstick and a dinner roll. One note though: make sure your yeast and bread flour are fresh or they may end up more like pretzels. If so, break out the mustard!
- Preparation Time: 01:00
- Cook Time: 00:12
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 24
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (cut into pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 1Add ingredients directly into a bread maker as listed above. Run dough cycle.
- 2Remove dough from bread maker. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 equal portions.
- 3Divide each portion into 3 equal pieces; shape into balls. Grease two standard muffin tins or use non-stick spray of choice.
- 4Place 3 balls into each greased muffin cup.
- 5Let rise for 45 minutes.
- 6Brush with lightly beaten egg and sprinkle rolls with toppings of your choice.
- 7Bake (on second rack from the top) at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 8Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
- 9TOPPERS Parm-Garlic: 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 10Almond Herb: 2 tablespoons chopped sliced almonds and 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt, dried basil and dried oregano
- 11Everything: 1 teaspoon each poppy seeds, kosher salt, dried minced garlic, sesame seeds and dried minced onion