- Author: Philip Grosvenor
After a busy day at work and shuffling the kids around to their activities, this is a perfect wind-down meal and one of my family’s favorites. This is a low-maintenance pasta dish that is comfort food to the max. Have fun jazzing this one up with some red pepper flakes or anything else that pairs well with avocados, like a glass of cabernet sauvignon!
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 16 ounces of linguine pasta
- 2 avocados
- Pine nuts, to taste
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and begin boiling salted water in a large pot.
- 2Slice cherry tomatoes in half and toss in a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the tomatoes on the sheet pan in one layer. Roast tomatoes for 10-15 minutes or until they begin to rupture.
- 3Once the water comes to a boil, cook linguine according to the package instructions.
- 4Add two halved avocados, a handful of pine nuts, the juice of 1 ½ lemons, garlic, about a quarter cup of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add more olive oil and lemon juice until it reaches the consistency of a thick sauce.
- 5Once pasta is cooked and drained, add back into the pot. Next, add the avocado sauce to the pasta and mix.
- 6In a bowl, add the pasta with some extra pine nuts and top with the tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
- 7Pair with a nice cab and good company. Cheers!