- Author: Michael Anderson
Honey Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
This is a dish my wife cooked up for me while we were dating. I loved it so much I asked her to marry me (although it was because of so much more than this recipe). It’s simple, warm and hearty—perfect for the cold winter months. Serve with a warm baguette and a glass of red wine and you’re all set. Hope you can feel the love in this recipe, because we always do!
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 4
- For Honey Chicken:
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Broccoli Casserole:
- 2 boxes chopped broccoli - thawed or fresh cooked
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 small can of evaporated milk
- 8 ounces of Velveeta cheese, chopped into small cubes
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1For Chicken: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in a shallow baking dish. Stir in honey, mustard, curry and salt. Add chicken.
- 2Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning once and basting gently until chicken is tender and nicely glazed. Use extra glaze and sauce to cover chicken on plate and also adds a nice flavor when tasted with casserole.
- 3For Broccoli Casserole: Bake 1 hour at 375 degrees. Melt butter in microwave, add soup, evaporated milk and Velveeta. Heat and stir ongoing until cheese is melted.
- 4Spray casserole dish and add broccoli and rice, then mix together with soup/cheese mix until well blended.
- 5Cook until cheese is bubbling. Serve with a warm French baguette and glass of red wine.