- Author: Jeff Johns
Healthy Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles
Looking for a flavorful and healthy way to end the day? This healthy shrimp scampi with zoodles recipe combines everything you love about shrimp scampi (garlic, lemon, Parmesan and butter) with a fresh, wholesome twist. Grab your spiralizer and spin up this scrumptious seafood delight.
- Preparation Time: 00:20
- Cook Time: 00:15
- Cuisine: Italian-American
- Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails off
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ cup of white wine
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6 zucchinis to spiralize
- 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan, for garnish
- 1Heat the butter and olive oil in large skillet on low heat. Add the minced garlic and shallots and cook until they begin to soften, around 4 minutes. Add the shrimp, sea salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook another 4 minutes until the shrimp are almost done.
- 2While the shrimp and sauce are cooking, spiralize the zucchini to create "zoodles" (zucchini noodles). Set aside.
- 3Add the lemon zest, wine and lemon juice and cook until shrimp are totally done. Stir in the zucchini noodles and toss around in the dish. Do not overcook the zoodles! Only cook them for a few minutes and remove from heat. Very important.
- 4Be sure to serve with extra lemon for a fresh squeeze over the dish and top with grated Parmesan.