- Author: Sarah Cox
Date Night Gnocchi
There’s just something fun about a date night in. The kids are asleep, you open a bottle of wine, your favorite tunes are playing in the background. You and your significant other are sharing tasks to chop the veggies or cook the chicken all while simply enjoying each other’s company and conversation—uninterrupted, because remember… the kids are asleep! This savory dish has all you need in one skillet. So, DIG IN and enjoy, because tonight is Date Night!
- Preparation Time: 00:15
- Cook Time: 00:20
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1½ cup loosely packed spinach, lightly chopped
- 1 (16 oz) package of gnocchi (gluten-free, if you prefer)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sprinkle with the seasoning. Sauté until the chicken is slightly browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- 2Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until they float to the top of the water (about 4 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- 3While the gnocchi is cooking, add the butternut squash, garlic, and 1 tablespoon butter to the pan you used for the chicken. Sauté for about 8 minutes, just until the squash is fork-tender, but not mushy. Add the spinach and sauté an additional 2-3 minutes.
- 4To finish, add the cream, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and parmesan cheese to the pan with your veggies and stir until the sauce begins to thicken. Once the sauce begins to thicken add the cooked gnocchi and reserved chicken to the pan and toss together for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- 5Serve with fresh shaved parmesan.