- Author: Chris Faldetta
Countdown to the Big Game Chili
Football season is a big event in our house, and this chili recipe is our go-to favorite—a perfect warm, hearty dish when the weather outside turns cold. Sometimes I think our friends watch games at our house just for the chili! We love to make it the night before so it’s ready to go whenever we are on game day. Enjoy!
- Preparation Time: 00:50
- Cook Time: 05:00
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 12
- 1 large can (28 oz) of diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of filet meat
- 1 can (15 oz) of black beans
- 1 can (15 oz) of butter beans
- 1 can (15 oz) of pinto beans
- 2 cans (30 oz) of kidney beans
- 20 oz spicy hot vegetable juice
- 3 Tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon of liquid smoke
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of oregano
- 1 Tablespoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup of red onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 3 to 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- Shredded cheddar cheese, diced red onion or crushed cheese crackers for garnish (optional)
- 1Cut steak into 3/4" squares, trimming the fat.
- 2Drain and lightly rinse all the beans.
- 3Put all ingredients into a crockpot, ensuring the uncooked meat and seasonings are in the middle layer.
- 4Cook on high for 4 hours.
- 5Once the chili starts to boil, change the setting to warm.
- 6Enjoy immediately, or leave the crock pot on warm overnight to enjoy the next day (recommended!).
- 7Garnish with cheese, diced raw red onion or crushed cheese crackers.