The best part of the holidays is spending time with family. That means sharing stories and making memories over great food—and not necessarily being in the kitchen all day. That’s why I love this dish. It’s simple to throw together, it looks beautiful (while it lasts!) and it’s a great centerpiece for even better conversation.
- Preparation Time: 00:15
- Cook Time: 00:30
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 8
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 8 slices bacon, prepared and crumbled
- 8 oz. package of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 375° degrees.
- 2In a bowl, beat the eggs and add peppers, salt and pepper.
- 3Scramble the egg mixture in a skillet.
- 4On parchment paper, lay out the crescent rolls in a circle, creating a star-like shape (bases touching in a circle, points stretching outward).
- 5Sprinkle half of the cheese around the ring. Add the scrambled eggs, then top with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
- 6Fold over the crescents and brush with egg wash.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crescents are a golden brown.
- 8Serve warm.