- Author: Denise Walter
Little Brown Jug Rolls
I’ve witnessed near fainting events when these babies show up on Seed’s kitchen table. This dish is affectionately known at Seed at LBJRs and we often enjoy them during our staff birthday celebrations. They are also a terrific treat on Christmas morning and they make great holiday gifts for close friends, neighbors and teachers. They only take about 10 minutes to prepare the night before you want to enjoy them in addition to the morning baking time.
- Preparation Time: 00:10
- Cook Time: 00:30
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 12
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 bag frozen dinner rolls (20 rolls)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 package cook and serve vanilla pudding (6 serving size), do not use instant pudding
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 9 x 13 disposable foil pan with lid
- 1Grease the 9 x 13 foil pan.
- 2Sprinkle chopped pecans in bottom of pan.
- 3Place frozen rolls in a single layer in the disposable foil pan.
- 4Combine melted butter, vanilla pudding, milk, ground cinnamon and brown sugar in a saucepan and mix over low heat until the ingredients are combined.
- 5Pour mixture over rolls, cover with lid and let rise overnight in the refrigerator.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 8Invert immediately onto a foil-lined cookie sheet, making absolutely sure to scrape every last bit of gooey goodness onto the rolls.