Gloria’s Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
It’s a dessert… a side… sweet… salty… and totally tasty. It’s my mom’s strawberry pretzel dessert—with crunchy crushed pretzels, strawberry Jell-O goodness and a touch of holiday love. In my family, we couldn’t imagine a holiday dinner without it.
- Preparation Time: 00:35
- Cook Time: 00:08
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 8
- 2 cups of pretzels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- (8 oz) carton of cream cheese
- (8 oz) tub of whipped-topping
- 2, 3 oz packages of strawberry gelatin
- (10 oz) package of frozen strawberries
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Begin by crushing pretzels, then mix with melted butter and white sugar. Press the pretzel mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes and then cool completely.
- 3 In a medium sized bowl mix powered sugar into softened cream cheese then fold in whipped topping.
- 4Spread the mixture on top of the pretzel crust after the dish has cooled.
- 5Dissolve strawberry gelatin in boiling water, then stir in frozen strawberries and allow mixture to thicken. Once gelatin has thick consistency, pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
- 6Refrigerate at least 2 hours for gelatin to set.