Double-Chocolate Mocha Trifle
Every year I turn into Clark W. Griswold around the holidays. I love the Christmas traditions that force our children to unwillingly participate in the stuff they will someday remember as special. My favorite tradition is hosting the Brummer side of the family for an all-out Christmas marathon bash complete with my immediate family, eight aunts and uncles, countless cousins and all of their kids. I think it’s my grandmother’s favorite day of the whole year. Of course, the day wouldn’t be complete without enough food to feed an army that’s spread out across the dining room table. The centerpiece is my wife’s beautiful and delicious Double-Chocolate Mocha Trifle. It’s almost too pretty to eat. Almost.
- Preparation Time: 01:20
- Cook Time: 00:35
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 8
- 1 pkg (18.25 oz) brownie mix
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 ¾ cup cold milk
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 pkg white chocolate instant pudding & pie filling (the small boxes)
- 3 full-size toffee bars (Heath)
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1Lightly spray 9 x 13 inch baking pan with oil.
- 2Prepare and bake brownie mix according to cake-like directions. Cool completely.
- 3Whisk both pudding mixes into milk until mixture begins to thicken.
- 4Dissolve coffee granules in warm water; add to pudding mixture, mixing well.
- 5Fold in whipped topping.
- 6Cut brownies into 1-inch cubes.
- 7Chop toffee bars.
- 8Layer 1/3 of the brownie cubes onto the bottom of trifle bowl. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture, pressing lightly, and 1/3 of the chopped toffee. Repeat layers two more times. Chill 30 minutes.