Chocolate Strawberry Turkeys
Last Thanksgiving my husband and I were asked to bring a dessert to his family party. Pie was already covered and I knew I wanted to make cheesecake, but anyone who knows me knows that I like to take things to the next level to add some creative and fun flair. After Pinterest and Internet-surfing, I stumbled upon these cute strawberry turkeys. I absolutely love cheesecake, strawberries and chocolate, so it was the perfect combination that his family, both young and old absolutely loved! You can make these standalone or place them on top of a cheesecake, cake or whatever you would like! While this recipe is only a year old for me, it’s sure to continue on to become a fun and delicious tradition.
- Preparation Time: 00:25
- Cook Time: 00:20
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 3
- 3 medium-to-large strawberries
- 8 ounces chocolate melts
- 6 pearl sprinkles
- 6 orange, star-shaped sprinkles
- 21 pieces of candy corn
- 1Place chocolate melts into microwave-safe bowl and microwave 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until chocolate is completely melted.
- 2Wash the strawberries and cut off the tops (do not throw away the tops just yet!).
- 3Place one strawberry into the melted chocolate. Stir it until it is completely covered, then lift and let any excess chocolate drip off. Place onto wax paper. Repeat with the two other strawberries.
- 4Place 2 pearl sprinkles on each strawberry to make the eyes. Then, dip a toothpick into the chocolate and make two dots on the sprinkles to complete.
- 5Place 2 orange, star-shaped sprinkles on each strawberry to make the feet.
- 6Take 3 pieces of candy corn and cut off the yellow and white parts so you only have the orange part remaining. Then, cut that piece into a triangle shape and place on each strawberry to make the beak.
- 7Take the strawberry tops from step 2 and cut 2 very thin pieces to make the wattle. Place near the beak, so it drapes down on either side. (Now, you can throw those strawberry tops away!)
- 8Take 6 pieces of candy corn and dip one side in the excess melted chocolate, you may have to reheat the chocolate. Place the candy corn onto the back of each strawberry to create the feathers. Gently press and hold each piece for a few seconds to secure.
- 9Place turkeys in freezer for 15-20 minutes.