- Author: Jamie Schleicher
Big Batch Blueberry Mojitos
I love to plan parties and summer is one of my favorite seasons to bring friends and family together. Whether gathering around a pool (a blow-up pool in our case, ha!), tailgating at a concert or having a cookout, a beautiful refreshing beverage like blueberry mojitos can really add to the fun and tie everything together.
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup of fresh-squeezed lime juice (from approximately 8 limes)
- 1/4 cup of sugar or simple syrup
- 2 cups of white rum
- 2 1/2 cups of club soda
- Mint leaves (approximately 80 leaves)
- 1Put blueberries in a strainer over a bowl and mash them, catching all the juice.
- 2Stir sugar or simple syrup into the blueberry juice until dissolved. If needed, heat blueberries and sugar in the microwave for 30 seconds to help dissolve.
- 3Gently muddle mint leaves in a large pitcher by using a muddler or wooden spoon to press and twist the mint leaves.
- 4Pour the blueberry juice, lime juice, rum and club soda into a pitcher filled with ice.
- 5Serve the mojitos in a tall glass filled with ice, and garnish with a lime wedge, fresh blueberries and fresh mint leaves.