- Author: David Hayes
At Seed, I’m known as the gadget guy. If it’s techy and cool–and also useful–I’ve likely got it, or have it on my wish list. Yet when it comes to cooking, a can opener is about as high-tech as I like to get. That’s why this unique salsa is one of my specialties. It’s simple, it’s delicious, and it’s the perfect way to bring a little heat into winter.
- Preparation Time: 00:15
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- Servings: 8
- 1 can shoepeg white or yellow corn, drained
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- (8 oz) bottle of Italian dressing
- 2 to 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Fresh parsley to taste, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1-2 fresh jalapeños, chopped (optional)
- 1Mix all together.
- 2Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!