At Seed, I’m known as the gadget guy. If it’s techy and cool–and also useful–I’ve likely got it, or have it on my wish list. Yet when it comes to cooking, a can opener is about as high-tech as I like to get. That’s why this unique salsa is one of my specialties. It’s simple, it’s delicious, and it’s the perfect way to bring a little heat into winter.
- Preparation Time: 00:15
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- Servings: 8
- 1 can shoepeg white or yellow corn, drained
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- (8 oz) bottle of Italian dressing
- 2 to 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Fresh parsley to taste, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1-2 fresh jalapeños, chopped (optional)
- 1Mix all together.
- 2Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!