- Author: Sybil Schooler
Raspberry Cheese Appetizer
I love appetizers! To me, they are a small, flavor-packed bite of yumminess, and this appetizer doesn’t disappoint. It combines savory and sweet on top of a crunchy cracker, creating a delicious combination. Not to mention it looks beautiful, too!
- Preparation Time: 00:20
- Cuisine: American
- 8-10-ounce block of aged white cheddar cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons pf sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Two 6-ounce packages of fresh raspberries
- Raspberry preserves
- 1Shred entire block of cheese into a mixing bowl.
- 2Add onion. (I usually use 3+ tablespoons, but start with less and add to taste.)
- 3Add mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you achieve a consistency that can be formed into a ball. Form a round cheese wheel. Place cheese wheel in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4Prior to serving, place cheese wheel on a serving tray and cover in a layer of raspberry preserves, then cover the entire cheese wheel with fresh raspberries (using the preserves as the "glue" to stick them in place).