- Author: Cherlyn Varga Toth
Gary’s Famous Beer Cheese
My husband, Gary, is the chef in our family, but I generally take credit for all of his wonderful creations. You see, when he semi-retired a couple of years ago, I didn’t want him to get too comfortable. So, I sent him to cooking classes as a “gift.” Little did I know it would become a passion and we’d wind up spending a small fortune on cookware, cutlery, gourmet ingredients, etc. This recipe is one of the simplest and most requested of his creations.
- Preparation Time: 00:30
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 8
- 3 (8 oz) tubs of sharp Cheddar cheese (Cracker Barrel or Kaukauna is good)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- ½ cup beer (heated slightly in microwave)
- Garlic powder and/or onion powder, cayenne pepper, dashes of hot sauce, black pepper to taste
- Secret ingredient: I also add some Cavender's All Purpose Greek seasoning
- 1Whip cheeses (softened or room temperature) together with electric mixer.
- 2Add seasonings.
- 3Add heated beer and continue mixing carefully. Refrigerate.
- 4Enjoy with bread sticks, pretzels or rice crackers. A round rye bread loaf makes a tasty bowl!