- Author: Linda Konkoly
Avocado Chicken Salad
Growing up, chicken salad seemed to show up at every family gathering. But cooking it for my kids never really went over well. When I discovered this recipe, which added some “slime appeal” (that was healthy to boot) it was a smashing success—for both the adults and kids. This is great as dip with crackers or pretzel thins, or paired with tomato and lettuce on your favorite bread or croissant.
- Preparation Time: 00:20
- Cook Time: 00:30
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 8
- 3 cups of shredded chicken
- 3 avocados, cubed
- 1/4 cup of sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup of corn (optional)
- 1Boil chicken until cooked, let cool and shred with a fork.
- 2Add avocado to large mixing bowl begin to mash until texture is smooth.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- 4Serve and enjoy!
- 5Store leftovers tightly covered in the refrigerator.